The Hydrology Section Student Subcommittee for the American Geophysical Union (AGU-H3S) is now accepting applications for 2022-2023 membership!
H3S is an AGU Hydrology Section subcommittee composed of students and early career hydrologists. The objective of H3S is to:
- Promote diversity, inclusivity, and accessibility initiatives on behalf of students and early career scientists in the Hydrology Section and AGU community
- Develop cyber seminars on a range of professional development-related topics for US-based and international students and early career scientists
- Organize networking and professional development related events at the AGU Fall Meeting;
- Maintain a blog and website to disseminate resources and promote student and early career scientists;
- Regularly interact with our community through social media and disseminate opportunities for students and early career scientists
Membership in H3S is open to all students (including undergraduate and graduate) and early career scientists (including post-docs and those within the first few years of their careers). Membership is for a two-year period (January 2022 to December 2023).
H3S members are expected to actively participate in the leadership activities of at least one H3S subcommittee and attend regular virtual H3S Team and subcommittee meetings, a commitment of approximately 5 hours per month.
H3S is working to create a team with a range of values and experiences to serve the community of student and early-career hydrologists. We encourage folks from all backgrounds and career trajectories to apply. All applications are due by December 31, 2021 and new members will be notified shortly thereafter. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.